Posted in Uncategorized on June 17, 2009|
1 Comment »
I wish I could give every single one of my clients and friends a tour of this home! It couldn't be any cleaner or any more charming! It's on the back of one of Batavia's most pretty cul-de-sac's! Private lot with gorgeous, gorgeous landscaping. Screened porch for relaxing and enjoying the private yard! 2 fireplaces, 3 full baths, 4 bedrooms…. hardwood, crown mouldings, newer windows…. immaculate in every single way! Use your tax credit to buy this one… there's so much room here, you can stay forever!
Read Full Post »
Posted in Uncategorized on June 15, 2009|
Leave a Comment »
Good morning to all! To all of my loyal followers, a big, fat apology for skipping the last 2 Mondays! It's been a brutal couple of weeks in this Realtor's existence…. putting out fires left and right precluded me from getting my weekly analysis completed and posted! So, please accept my apologies and get ready to read on! Here goes…. for single family homes in Geneva (any of you who need info other than this, just email me and I will make sure to get it to you!)
- Active listings in Geneva= 311 in number, ranging from $135,000 to $3,499,000
- Listings under contract= 3 in the last 7 days… from $389,900 t0 $699,900, with one of those homes being in “short sale” status….
- Price reduced listings= 15 price reductions in the last 7 days… the greatest reduction went from $1,474,000 to $1,399,900 (SPECTACULAR home right downtown
for any super-discriminating buyer!!)
- Closed listings= 7 closings in the last 7 days… all of them were under $400,000! For those of you who are loyal readers, once again you will find me reminding you that the under $400,000 range is REALLY driving our market right now!! This is the price range that most buyers are in because they can still EASILY obtain an FHA mortgage and use their tax-credit! It’s so hard out here right now because I don’t think sellers really, really realize how very few buyers can perform right now…. It’s certainly a sign of the times!
I feel a little like “where’s Waldo” for the last couple of weeks… I had an excruciating deal with Bank of America ( I AM NOT A FAN!) over the last couple of months that just basically fell apart in the eleventh hour last week… This is the second transaction I have had the misfortune of participating in with them as the lender, in the last 60 days. Both transactions were a train-wreck, involving the following:
- Over-qualified buyer
- Under-qualified loan officer
- Unqualified loan processor
- “can’t even qualify” customer service….the ultimate in buck-passing and he said/ she said….LOVELY!
- 4 separate financing extensions, one per week since May!!!!
After breathing life back into this deal, I am sitting on pins and needles right now, waiting for the 3 o’clock closing tomorrow to see if B of A will really step up and get this deal done for all parties involved….If not, my seller will be very unhappy, and the city of Geneva will have a husband, pregnant wife and 2 year old twins who will be without a home to live in when their plane lands! Cross your fingers for me, and be sure that I will post the “happy ending” when it occurs!
Read Full Post »